Centre for psychological consultation and guidance
Centre for Psychological Consultation and Guidance has been operating at the UWr since 2009. Its founders are Dr. Marta Kochan-Wójcik (head and assistant professor in the Department of Clinical and Health Psychology), Dr Alina Czapiga (Team for Students and PhD Students with Disabilities) and Dr. Dagmara Łupicka-Szczęśnik (assistant professor in the Department of Education and Upbringing Psychology and deputy director of the Institute of Psychology for General Affairs until 2017). Within the Centre, there are three teams specialising in psychological consultations for adults (under the supervision of Dr. Marta Kochan-Wójcik), consultations and psychoeducation for adolescents (Dr. Dorota Chmielewska-Łuczak from the Department of Developmental Psychology) and counseling for parents and children (associate professor Alina Czapiga). The assistance is provided by psychology students with the support of staff members. Anyone can take advantage of the psychological help offered, including people not connected with the university.
The Centre for Psychological Consultation and Guidance offers free psychological consultations. A psychological consultation is a short-term form of psychological support (maximum 3 meetings) for all those who find themselves in a difficult moment in life. The aim of the psychological consultation is to identify the problem and the optimal way to solve it.
Apply if you:
- cannot cope with your emotions, you are often irritable, angry or sad
- lack strength for everyday duties, you cannot cope with difficulties at school or work
- have problems with making life decisions
- nothing gives you joy, you feel tired all the time
- have problems with relationships with people close to you
- struggle with low self-esteem
- do not feel ready for “adult life”
- do not like yourself or who you are
- your family does not support you
- are always alone or you choose the wrong people
- something has recently happened that you need to talk about.
Further information about the work of the Centre for Psychological Consultation and Guidance can be found here (Polish only).